SEOUL, Sept. 30 (Korea Bizwire) — A video on the tourism in South Korea featuring hallyu star Lee Min-ho has broken 20 million views on YouTube in two months since its release, his agency said Wednesday.
The advertisement titled “Korea, let your story begin” drew 22.2 million views as of Tuesday after being released in late July, according to Starhaus Entertainment.
The video was produced by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and the Korea Tourism Organization and is meant to attract more visitors to the Asian country by introducing the country’s major tourist attractions, traditional foods and attire.
“It is the biggest hits among promotion videos the Korean government has released so far on the tourism,” it said, noting that the record reflects the clout the 28-year-old has in the international arena.
Lee catapulted to stardom with his role in the 2009 soap opera, “Boys Over Flowers,” and has starred in a variety of films and TV dramas.
According to government data, the number of foreigners visiting here came to 7.31 million during the first seven months of this year.’