DALLAS, Oct. 15 (Korea Bizwire) — Mitel® (Nasdaq:MITL) (TSX:MNW), a global leader in real-time business, cloud and mobile communications, today announced its comprehensive suite of products and services for the cloud-powered mobile enterprise. Mitel’s enterprise expertise and industry-leading cloud communications with a proven, innovative 4G LTE portfolio and service provider experience, come together in a way that enables a cloud-powered mobile enterprise to reimagine business models.
Unique combination of offerings speeds access to innovative real-time services
Mitel is addressing the mobile enterprise, where everyday business communication, including voice, video, presence and chat, is seamless across any device. In the mobile-first, cloud-enabled and millennial-focused world, users can decide how they connect with the device of their choice, cutting the traditional ties to the physical office environment, making the enterprise and mobile network seamless.
- Easy tap-to-connect communications and collaboration tools optimized for smartphones: Purpose-built for any smartphone device including Apple, Android, Windows or Blackberry, Mitel’s MiCollab unified communications software delivers an intuitive and consistent user interface for real-time voice, video and collaboration. This mobile-first version of MiCollab enables small, mid-size and large enterprises to deliver advanced presence, company directory, and tap-to-connect features, which enhance team and document sharing and collaboration and improve productivity.
- World’s first WiFi calling services in three continents: Mitel is the first mobile solution provider to deliver Voice over WiFi (VoWiFi) capabilities to mobile carriers in Asia, Europe and North America. With Mitel’s VoWiFi solution currently in use by Tier 1 operators such as T-Mobile US, who has over 7 million users on WiFi calling, mobile carriers can now natively deliver rich desktop-like communications capabilities to any smartphone with carrier-grade security and operational savings. Mitel’s VoWiFi solution also helps enterprise and consumer users make calls internationally over a cellular signal, leveraging WiFi as if they were local calls to avoid expensive toll and roaming charges.
- Cloud powers the mobile enterprise with expanded geographic support of multi-tenant, multi-instance cloud platforms and best path to the mobile cloud: Expanding the MiCloud platform into France, UK and Germany, Mitel is helping service providers address customer demand in key growth markets. For SMBs transitioning from premise to public cloud or large enterprises with more complex IT frameworks, Mitel offers the best path to the cloud. And now, Mitel provides the best path to the next cloud – the mobile cloud. Carriers such as T-Mobile Netherlands are already leveraging the company’s cloud platform.
- Improved intelligent customer service capabilities for the more mobile and social consumer: MiContact Center, connects the mobile enterprise with the mobile consumer. Already relied upon by hundreds of thousands of contact center agents, from major e-commerce sites to professional sports teams, MiContact Center makes delivering customer service more intelligent and mobile savvy, enabling text, chat and speech applications. Enhanced analytics and integration capabilities deliver an immersive experience as customer data integrates with IoT and/or M2M triggers.
- New mobile capabilities for hospitality customers enabling personalized guest experience today: Mitel delivers personalized services that bridge the interaction and experience between hotel guests and property staff, who are both mobile. Mitel’s Hospitality solutions link a guest’s smartphone to the hotel’s network, making it an extension of their room phone, allowing guests to access hotel room key, voice mail, speed dial functions and location-based capabilities for service delivery. Hotel operators benefit by creating new service bundles, which elegantly tie personalized guest services together with hotel operations to drive repeat business.
“We are long-time users of Mitel’s communications technologies and we applaud Mitel’s strategy for the cloud-powered mobile enterprise, as well as their continued efforts to reduce and eliminate complexity of communication across networks. We all want to think mobile-first and help our employees remain connected and productive,” said Jason Spainhour, president, Mitel User Group. “We know this team has the focus and the tools necessary to make cloud, mobile and real-time applications come together in a way that will enable new features and services that can fundamentally change the way people do business.”
“Users expect rich and contextual services across the devices of their choice so that business communications deliver a consumer-like experience and mobile communications move towards a business-like experience,” said Rich McBee, president and CEO, Mitel. “The intersection of mobile and cloud communications is breaking down technical barriers and bringing us to the point where truly seamless collaboration and communications is finally achievable. Delivering that seamless experience to customers is Mitel’s mission and mandate.”
- More than 1.6 million users around the world rely on Mitel for cloud communications
- Mitel customers include 15 of the top 20 mobile carriers in the world
- Mitel is globally recognized as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications
- Read the mobile enterprise strategy press release
- Watch the mobile enterprise video
- Watch the MiCollab video
- Download the whitepaper “Mobilizing Real-Time Communications“
- Download the eBook: “Mobile Enterprise 2020“
- Read the blog: “Re-imagining the Mobile Enterprise“
- See the infographic: “8 Ways Mobile-Enabling Your Workforce Saves Time and Money“
- Join the Mitel User Group
Twitter: Mitel announces mobile enterprise portfolio for today’s mobile-first world. #MitelNext
Twitter: Mitel’s uniquely mobile, enterprise and cloud portfolio is driving seamless collaboration and communication. #MitelNext
Cloud, Enterprise, Mobility, Real-Time Communications, VoWiFi, WiFi Calling, MiCollab, MiContact Center, Hospitality
A global market leader in enterprise and mobile communications powering more than 2 billion business connections and 2 billion mobile subscribers every day, Mitel (Nasdaq:MITL) (TSX:MNW) helps businesses and mobile carriers connect, collaborate and provide innovative services to their customers. Our innovation and communications experts serve more than 60 million business users in more than 100 countries, and 130 mobile service providers including 15 of the top 20 mobile carriers in the world. We are uniquely powering the mobile enterprise using the real-time cloud. For more information, go to www.mitel.com and follow us on Twitter @Mitel.
Mitel is the registered trademark of Mitel Networks Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Media – Americas
Media – EMEA/AP
+44 (0) 1291 612 646
Source: Mitel via GLOBE NEWSWIRE