GERMANTOWN, Md., Mar. 12 (Korea Bizwire) — Neuralstem, Inc. (Nasdaq:CUR), a biopharmaceutical company developing novel treatments for nervous system diseases, today announced that members of the management team will participate at the following upcoming investor conferences:
- B. Riley FBR, Inc. & Co. China Healthcare Investment & Partnering Symposium in Hangzhou, China, on Saturday, March 17 at 9:00am China Standard Time. A live audio webcast of this presentation will be available in the Investors section of the Company’s website at investor.neuralstem.com. The webcast will be archived on the Company’s website for 90 days following the presentation.
- 15th Annual BIO Asia International Conference in Tokyo, Japan. Rich Daly, Neuralstem’s President & CEO, will participate in a panel discussion entitled, “Lessons on Biopharma Partnerships with Universities” on Tuesday, March 20 at 9:00am Japan Standard Time.
- Also at the 15th Annual BIO Asia Conference, Dr. Karl Johe, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer of Neuralstem, will provide an update on NSI-566, the Company’s lead cell therapy candidate, in a presentation on Monday, March 19 at 5:30pm Japan Standard Time.
Neuralstem is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel treatments for nervous system diseases of high unmet medical need. The Company has two lead development candidates:
- NSI-189, is a small molecule in clinical development for major depressive disorder (MDD) and in preclinical development for Angelman syndrome, irradiation-induced cognitive impairment, Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes, and stroke.
- NSI-566 is a stem cell therapy being tested for treatment of paralysis in stroke, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) and chronic spinal cord injury (cSCI).
Neuralstem’s diversified portfolio of product candidates is based on its proprietary neural stem cell technology.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward Looking Information
This news release contains “forward-looking statements” made pursuant to the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements relate to future, not past, events and may often be identified by words such as “expect,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “plan,” “believe,” “seek” or “will.” Forward-looking statements by their nature address matters that are, to different degrees, uncertain. Specific risks and uncertainties that could cause our actual results to differ materially from those expressed in our forward-looking statements include risks inherent in the development and commercialization of potential products, uncertainty of clinical trial results or regulatory approvals or clearances, need for future capital, dependence upon collaborators and maintenance of our intellectual property rights. Actual results may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements. Additional information on potential factors that could affect our results and other risks and uncertainties are detailed from time to time in Neuralstem’s periodic reports, including the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2016, and Form 10-Q for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2017, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and in other reports filed with the SEC. We do not assume any obligation to update any forward-looking statements.
Argot Partners (Investor Relations)
Source: Neuralstem, Inc. via GLOBE NEWSWIRE