SHANGHAI, China, Nov. 07, 2023 (Korea Bizwire) – Novotech, the leading Asia Pacific centred biotech CRO with global execution capabilities, opens the ChinaTrials 15 conference in Shanghai, China with a message to China biotechs about the benefits of conducting simultaneous China, US and Australia trials to accelerate drug development. (November 8-10, 2023)
Novotech is commencing this significant summit for clinical development leaders with a prominent and actionable workshop titled: Accelerated globalization: Unleashing Global Potential through Clinical Research Excellence.
The Novotech workshop will cover:
- Bridging development into the US
- Next-Generation Clinical Project Management through Digital Innovation
- Strategy Considerations for Global Clinical Trials
- Statistical Considerations for Multi-Regional Clinical Trials (MRCT) – Taking studies into the US
The session showcases senior Novotech experts among them Dr. Judith Ng-Cashin, the global Chief Medical Officer who brings two decades of international pharmaceutical, biotech, and CRO experience to the conference.
The opening address will be delivered by Andy Liu, who serves as the Head of China, Novotech. Following this, additional senior executives from Novotech, including Dr. John Moller, the CEO, and Barry Murphy, the Chief Commercial Officer, will also be speaking.
According to Dr. Ng-Cashin, Novotech, with clinical teams in 25 different regions and 34 office locations worldwide, has directly observed the significant advantages of simultaneously conducting trials in China, the United States, and Australia.
“The strategy of simultaneous development in China, the United States, and Australia offers an innovative route to expedite global R&D with substantial benefits,” Dr. Ng-Cashin stated.
She added, “This approach can expedite clinical trials, resulting in substantial cost savings, which is a critical consideration for early-stage biotechnology companies. For instance, Australia does not mandate an Investigational New Drug (IND) application, allowing biotech firms to commence their projects swiftly and obtain early results to bolster their drug development initiatives.”
“They can additionally benefit from substantial cost reductions through the Australian Government’s nearly 50% rebate on clinical trial expenses. Simultaneously conducting a portion of the study in the United States facilitates advancement to later phases and streamlines regulatory approval processes. The possibility of forming partnerships with U.S. entities is also an appealing prospect. Furthermore, for biotechnology firms concurrently running trials in China, they gain access to extensive patient pools, top-tier medical facilities, and renowned key opinion leaders,” she explained.
Novotech serves as the Platinum Sponsor for the conference which will delve into critical topics impacting biotechs in China including:
- China Biotechs: Innovation Upgrade and Going Global
- How International Regulatory Collaboration Can Help as Chinese Companies Go Global
- Secondary Endpoints: Choosing the Right Endpoints for your Pivotal Studies to Support Approval and Market Differentiation
- How to Manage Successful Innovative Drug Development in China and Globally
- MNC Perspectives: The Evolving Role of Big Pharma in China
- Are New Models for MRCT Needed?
- Global Clinical Development Trends & Key Capabilities for Success
- Annual China Development Leaders’ Roundtable: What’s on the Minds of China’s Leaders?
- Gene & Cell Therapy Drug Development in China
- Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADC) Clinical Development in China
- Navigating Capital Markets, VC Investment and M&A/Deal-Making in the Current Environment
- The Future of CNS Drug Development in China
- Real World Studies: Driving Success and Ensuring Quality
- Quality by Design
Novotech has more than 3,000 employees across Greater China, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, the U.S., and Europe.
The CRO offers biotechs a unique and unparalleled suite of early to late-phase services across the US and Europe, with a foundation in Asia Pacific where the company has built a reputation for delivering high-quality expedited clinical trials.
Recognized for its industry-leading contributions, Novotech has received numerous prestigious awards, including the CRO Leadership Award 2023 and the Best Cell & Gene Therapy CRO 2022 and 2023 awards. Additionally, the company was honored with the Frost & Sullivan Asia-Pacific Contract Research Organization Company of the Year Award in 2022 and 2023. Its commitment to collaboration is evident in the 50 Leading Site Partnership agreements it has signed over the past three years.
AU: +61 2 8218 2144
USA: +1 415 951 3228
Asia: +65 3159 3427
About Novotech Novotech-CRO.com
Founded in 1997, Novotech is internationally recognized as the leading Asia Pacific centred Contract Research Organization (CRO) with global execution capabilities.
The Company has established itself as a clinical CRO with labs, phase I facilities, drug development consulting services and regulatory expertise. It has experience in over 5,000 clinical projects, including Phase I to Phase IV clinical trials and bioequivalence studies. Novotech employs over 3,000 staff globally across 34 office locations.
Novotech is positioned to serve as a partner and ally to small and medium-sized biotech, biopharma and pharma sponsors seeking to conduct clinical trials in Asia Pacific, the US and Europe.
For more information visit Novotech CRO
Source: Novotech via GLOBE NEWSWIRE