NEW YORK, June 11, 2014 (Korea Bizwire)–Samsung Electronics America, Inc., America’s fastest growing appliance brand1 and a global category leader, is building strong momentum in 2014. With more new product innovations than ever before; category re-defining advances in kitchen, laundry and cleaning; new configurations of models introduced at CES; a major expansion of its Club Des Chefs global culinary initiative; and a new laundry product specifically aimed at new parents, Samsung is transforming the way consumers experience appliances at home.
“Since CES, Samsung has taken another big step forward in global home appliance industry leadership. We champion a culture of creativity that drives all aspects of the product development process and allows us to make a real difference in the lives of consumers,” said Kevin Dexter, senior vice president of home appliances, Samsung Electronics America. “The result is an impressive new product line-up fueled by smart insights and consumer passion. Samsung is leading a global revolution in technology, design and performance that is fundamentally reshaping the home.”
Samsung’s new product line-up enables families to cook and entertain in more sophisticated ways, elevates the look and design of their homes, and allows them to enjoy the gift of time to pursue the things they love to do.
Empowering A New Generation of Home Cooks
It was just one year ago that Samsung launched Club Des Chefs, a first-of-its-kind culinary initiative that brought together world-class chefs and Samsung research and development to share insights and create a new level of premium product for even the most discerning home cook. This partnership has now produced Samsung Chef Collection, a suite of premium professional chef-level appliances that is re-defining innovation and design in the kitchen.
- The Samsung Chef Collection 4-Door Refrigerator (models: RF34H9960S4/AA, Sparkling Water; RF34H9950S4/AA, Non-Sparkling Water), which includes several chef insight-driven features focused on temperature. Chef Mode minimizes temperature fluctuation to preserve the texture and flavor of food. By setting an overall refrigerator temperature of 36°F, it automatically adjusts the temperature of other compartments which store ingredients which are more fresh and fragile, like the Chef Pantry. The Triple Cooling System provides temperature and humidity control in all three zones of the refrigerator, while a stainless steel Metal Cooling plate in the rear wall reduces the loss of cold air when the door is opened. The Fridge-In-Freezer, a bottom right door that can be converted from refrigerator to freezer, offers maximum flexibility with four temperature settings: Fridge (41ºF), Chilled (40ºF), Soft Freezer (23ºf) and Frozen (-9º – 1ºF). Available now. MSRP $5,999 (with sparkling water dispenser) and $5,699 (without sparkling water).
- The Samsung Chef Collection Dishwasher with WaterWall Technology (model:DW80H9970US), which features a sweeping wall of water to deliver never before seen cleaning versus conventional circular water jets. Available now. MSRP $1,699.
- Samsung Chef Collection Slide In Range (model:NE58H9950WS). Following the launch of an electric version at CES, the line is being expanded with new induction and gas models. It features such chef-inspired enhancements such as a more sophisticated level of oven control and precise temperature regulation. A premium custom, built-in finish makes this an attractive addition to any kitchen. Available now, MSRP: Gas: $2,899, Induction: $3,799, Electric: $2,599.
- Samsung Chef Collection Over-The-Range (OTR) Microwave (model:ME21H9900). It is more user-friendly than ever before. Consumers simply place their dish in the oven and choose the desired dish and weight option settings from the auto cook menu. Sensor cooking technology then ensures optimal cooking time and temperature. The Chef Collection OTR has the strongest ventilation (430cfm fan) in class and helps eliminate smoke and odors when cooking. Available now, MSRP: $599.
From The Refrigerator to the Countertop
Beyond Samsung Chef Collection, Samsung is re-inventing other kitchen appliances with an eye on convenience, connectivity and countertop.
- Samsung Food Showcase Refrigerators (models: RF30HBEDBSR, RF30HDEDTSR, RF28HDEDBSR, RH22H9010SR, RH29H9000SR). Introduced at CES in a side-by-side model, this refrigerator has proven to be so popular that it is now being offered in three-door and four-door French door configurations. They all feature an exterior door ShowCase door to access frequently used items like snacks, beverages and condiments, and an interior InnerCase compartment for longer storage of larger, fresh food items like milk, produce and platters. Available now, MSRP: $3,999 (RF30HBEDBSR 4-Door French Door), $3,799 RF30HDEDTSR (French Door), $3,299( RF28HDEDBSR French Door), $2,999 (RH22H9010SR Counter Depth Side-by-Side), $2,999 (RH29H9000SR Side-by-Side).
- Samsung Countertop Microwaves (models: MC11H6033CT, MG14H3020CM and MG11H2020CT). Designed to complement Samsung’s suite of kitchen products, the microwaves feature ceramic enamel interior for easy clean-up; convection2 and grill cooking3; proprietary Slim Fry4 which combines a grill with warm air circulation to cook food crispy inside and out. Available in July, MSRP range: $209-$399.
Clean Home, Dream Home
From the biggest comforters to the most delicate baby garments, and from the widest living room spaces to the most hard-to-reach corners of the kitchen, Samsung’s laundry and cleaning innovations deliver performance, convenience and the gift of time.
- Samsung WF9100 front-load laundry pair (model: WF56H9100AG/DV56H9100EG) and WA9000 top-load laundry pair (model: WA56H9000AP/A2/ DV56H9000EP/A2). They boast the world’s largest 5.6 cu. ft. washer and 9.5 cu. ft. dryer capacity4.The WF9100 front load cleans quicker than ever thanks to a larger drum size and SuperSpeed technology which washes a full load up to 50 percent faster than conventional washers and saves up to three hours of laundry time each week5. With the WA9000, consumers can wash and dry 3.7 laundry baskets in a single load6. Despite its large capacity, the top-load washer is easier than ever to access thanks to the ergonomic EZ Reach design with a lower top and shallower, wider tub. Available now, MSRP: $1,699 each (WF9100), $1,499 each (WA9000).
- Samsung Baby Care Washer (model:WB7000). This is a smart, stylish, compact .9 cu. ft. machine that is the answer for every parent who prefers to clean and sanitize their baby’s clothes separately from other adult loads. Small, quiet and comes with a child-proof lock, it fits perfectly in a second floor closet near a bedroom or nursery. Enjoy nine wash cycles, including Super Sanitize (190oF), which insures the removal of even the most resistant stains and bacteria. MSRP, $699 (Platinum), $599 (White).
- Samsung Motion Sync Upright Vacuum (VU7000) and Motion Sync Canister Vacuum (VCF700G). Both models offer innovative new solutions to get the most cleaning done with the least amount of effort. The Motion Sync Upright vacuum can be used as a regular upright vacuum for powerful cleaning of carpets and hard floors. Or for hard-to-reach areas like corners, ceiling and stairs, there’s the fully detachable handheld vacuum. Both models feature Motion Sync™ technology to make navigation easier and Cyclone Force Multi™ technology that separates out over 99% of small dust. Available now, MSRP: $449 (upright), $449 (canister).
Largest-Ever Integrated Marketing Campaign
Samsung is supporting its home appliance product innovations with the division’s largest integrated marketing campaign to date. Centered around six clever television spots, the campaign asserts Samsung’s leadership position and underscores its focus on delivering products that answer consumer needs while enhancing their passions for entertaining, cooking and maintaining beautiful homes. The advertising campaign begins this month and will run on national cable and print outlets, as well as through digital advertising and social media.
Samsung’s new product line-up is on display from June 11-15 at Samsung Living Atelier, a hands-on workshop bustling with home appliance innovation. Located in the heart of New York City’s Meatpacking neighborhood (address: 837 Washington Street, @ West 13th St.), it gives guests the opportunity to cook, do laundry and clean for themselves using Samsung’s new products. (Samsung Living Atelier will be open to the public on June 14-15.)
About Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, NJ, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), is a recognized innovation leader in consumer electronics design and technology. A wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., SEA delivers a broad range of digital consumer electronics, IT and home appliance products. Samsung is the market leader for HDTVs in the U.S and America’s fastest growing home appliance brand. To discover more of the award-winning products you love with Samsung, please visit www.samsung.com.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs, cameras, home appliances, printers, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 286,000 people across 80 countries with annual sales of US$216.7 billion.
1According to Traqline 2012
2Available on MC11H6033CT model
3Available on MG14H3020CM and MG11H2020CT models
4Based on USDOE/EPA listing.
5Normal one-hour wash can now be completed in as little as up to 30 minutes as compared to WF511 washer without SuperSpeed. Based on DOE standard’s average of 7.5 loads per week.
6Compare capacity of 5.6 cu. ft. WA9000 washer to leading washer at 3.6 cu.ft.
Source: Samsung Electronics America, Inc. & Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (via BusinessWire)