NEW YORK, April 29 (Korea Bizwire) — The aviation MRO community gathered in Orlando this week, in-person for the first time in over a year at Aviation Week Network’s 26th Annual MRO Americas (#MROAM). The event was held at the Orange County Convention Center with a sold-out conference and more than 8,500 registered attendees, with more than 75% opting for the in-person experience. The aviation community generated nearly $20 million into Orlando’s economy. The event was co-located with the Military Aviation Logistics & Maintenance Symposium (#MALMS), which was also sold out.
Anyone who was unable to travel to Orlando will be able to participate virtually by registering here. Conference sessions will be available on demand, and networking will be accommodated May 4-5.
“We were so thrilled with the incredible turn out and the response received from attendees, who were busy networking, signing contracts and receiving premium content from top industry speakers,” said Lydia Janow, Managing Director, Events, for Aviation Week Network. “We are inspired by how the industry has pulled together to support each other, and we’ve gotten high demand for our upcoming events, including next year’s MRO Americas, which will be held in Dallas, April 26-28.”
The conference addressed how the industry is moving forward after a year of incredible challenges and change with speakers from American Airlines, Boeing, Airbus, Ameriflight, and more. Speakers included:
- David Seymour, COO, American Airlines
- Bobbi Wells, Vice President, Safety & Airworthiness, Air Operations, FedEx Express
- Paul Kinstedt, SVP & COO, Republic Airways
- Paul Chase, CEO, Ameriflight
- Danielle Vardaro, Head of Worldwide Customer Support & Aftermarket Sales Embraer
- John Brooks, Manager, Commercial Airframe Parts, Boeing Global Services
- Giovanni Spitale, VP of Commercial Parts, Boeing Global Services
- Daniel Wenniger, VP, Upgrade Services, Airbus
- Dana Donati, GM & Director of Academic Programs, LIFT Academy, A Republic Airways Company
- Pat Foley, CEO, Lufthansa Technik Puerto Rico
- Nicole Huque, Managing Director, Global Aviation, Aerospace & Defense, Krauthamer & Associates (K&A)
- Parimal (PK) Kopardekar PhD, Director, NASA Aeronautics Research Institute (NARI), NASA Ames Research Center
- Karine Lavoie-Tremblay, Director, Business Relationship, Digital Technologies
- Pratt & Whitney
- Naveen Poonian, CEO, iBASE
- Keren Rambow, Marketing Services Executive, GE Aviation
- Fred Sontag, VP of Sales, Americas & VP Distribution Solutions Group, GA Telesis
- Caroline Vandedrinck, SVP Business Development, SR Technics
“The Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) was thrilled to welcome back Aviation Week Network’s MRO Americas and its members to Orlando,” said OCCC Executive Director Mark Tester. “This week, MRO Americas hosted thousands of attendees in our North-South Building. I saw firsthand how staggered attendance, proper social distancing through signage, floor stickers and safety protocols were implemented to create a safe and controlled gathering. We have a stellar reputation for customer service, flexibility, and doing the right thing. We also have great relationships with our clients and a supportive community that is focused on the health and safety of our guests.”
MRO Americas was supported by our sponsors. Platinum Sponsors are Airbus, Chromalloy, GE Aviation, Honeywell, Lufthansa Technik, and ST Engineering. Gold Sponsors are ATS, Avparts International, BPAero, CTS Engines, Embraer, GlobalParts Aero, IFS, LCI, MB Aerospace, Nordam, Spirit Aerosystems, Vertical Aerospace, and VSE Aviation.
ABOUT AVIATION WEEK NETWORK
Aviation Week Network is the largest multimedia information and services provider for the global aviation, aerospace, and defense industries, serving 1.7 million professionals around the world. Industry professionals rely on Aviation Week Network to help them understand the market, make decisions, predict trends, and connect with people and business opportunities. Customers include the world’s leading aerospace manufacturers and suppliers, airlines, airports, business aviation operators, militaries, governments and other organizations that serve this worldwide marketplace. Aviation Week Network’s portfolio delivers award-winning journalism, data, intelligence and analytical resources, world-class tradeshows and conferences, and results-driven marketing services and advertising is helping our customers succeed. Aviation Week Network is part of Informa Markets, a division of Informa PLC.
ABOUT INFORMA MARKETS
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. Our portfolio is comprised of more than 550 international B2B events and brands in markets including Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Infrastructure, Construction & Real Estate, Fashion & Apparel, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Health & Nutrition, among others. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organiser, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year. For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com.
CONTACT: Elizabeth Kelley Grace
Source: Aviation Week Network via GLOBE NEWSWIRE