WHITBY, ON, Sept. 30 (Korea Bizwire) – International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®) is pleased to announce the release of the new multi-level certification for business analysis professionals worldwide. The certification is competency-based using the business community’s standardized and essential resource — A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK® Guide) v3. The new certification program supports the delivery of life-long learning and development by establishing curriculum, requirements and testing of experience, knowledge and skills based on specific proficiency expectations.
The new IIBA global certification program supports BA professionals from entry into the profession to mid-career to senior and community thought leader.
- Level 1 is the Entry Certificate in Business Analysis™ (ECBA®), which provides a stepping stone for new professionals and students with limited to no BA work experience seeking a foundation for launching their business analysis career.
- Level 2 is Certification of Capability in Business Analysis™ (CCBA®) and supports BA professionals who have 2-3 years of experience.
- Level 3 is the Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) and targets senior level BAs who are in or support decision-making roles in their industry.
- Level 4 is the new Certified Business Analysis Thought Leader™ (CBATL®) and will be designed for professionals with over 10 years of experience who are advocates for the discipline and recognized thought leaders within the BA community. IIBA will initiate the development of Level 4 in November 2016 in preparation for the launch in 2017.
“Business analysis is maturing and new opportunities are available as more businesses recognize the value of business analysis professionals in their organizations,” said Ken Fulmer, Board Chair, IIBA. “The multi-level, competency-based certification program from IIBA recognizes the BA professional through their career progression, supporting more opportunities for growth and development and increasing the recognition of the value of business analysis. This is an important step in the evolution of recognizing business analysis professionals in today’s market.”
“IIBA’s competency-based certification program is aligned to the needs of organizations that want to drive value based on strategic goals and measured results,” said Stephen Ashworth, President and CEO, IIBA. “Developed through a rigorous consensus-driven standards process, each level is designed to support employers and define an expanded BA career space to include a more comprehensive and holistic view of business analysis.”
The new certification program from IIBA is aligned to BABOK® Guide v3, which is considered to be the most credible and authoritative source of knowledge and practices for business analysis.
Certification exams for ECBA™, CCBA® and CBAP® are now available effective September 30, 2016. CBATL™ certification will be launched in 2017. For more information on IIBA multi-level Certification Program, please visit (http://www.iiba.org/Certification).
About International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®)
International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) is a professional association dedicated to helping the business analysis community create better business outcomes. Through a global network, IIBA connects more than 29,000 Members and more than 300 Corporate Members and 120 Chapters. As the voice of the business analysis community, IIBA supports the recognition of the profession and discipline and works to maintain the global standard for the practices and certification.
- For more information or to arrange an interview, please contact:
Director, Brand & Communications
Source: International Institute of Business Analysis™ via Marketwired