SolarWinds Continues Its Commitment to Providing the IT Community With Practical, Educational Industry Content at thwackCamp 2014, a Free Online Event for IT Professionals Worldwide
AUSTIN, TX, Dec. 2 (Korea Bizwire) - SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT performance management software, today announced its third annual thwackCamp scheduled for Dec.10-11, 2014. Hosted on SolarWinds’ thwack® online community, thwackCamp will reflect the educational and interactive characteristics of its 130k+ member-community by offering several in-depth presentations by SolarWinds® Head Geeks and product experts. Each session will tackle key, everyday problems and reverse engineer them, providing actionable content that IT Pros can put to work in their environments.
“thwackCamp offers IT Pros the opportunity to access in-depth and interactive technical content from anywhere in the world,” said Patrick Hubbard, Head Geek, SolarWinds. “By simply logging on, tuning in and joining the live chat, attendees can interact with both SolarWinds experts and their fellow IT Pros to help expand their IT knowledge.”
SolarWinds Head Geeks and product experts will engage with attendees live as they present intermediate-to-advanced technical IT content across two time zones to help IT Pros around the world troubleshoot and resolve day-to-day problems, including:
- Fill Up Your IT Toy Box: Get on the Budget “Good” List (Dec. 10 at 9 a.m. CST and Dec. 11 at 12 p.m. GMT): Even the most proactive IT gurus end up with end-of-year asks to deliver new and expanded IT services — and often with little to no budget flexibility. This session will share how to collect the necessary metrics across an IT environment to justify new investments.
- Start the Year off Fresh with Inventory and Security Clean-up (Dec. 10 at 11 a.m. CST and Dec. 11 at 1:30 p.m. GMT): It’s that time of the year to take inventory of IT assets, evaluate out-of-date hardware and security processes, and prioritize tasks according to needs of the business. This session will help IT Pros prep for a strong start to 2015 with three important steps to organizing IT assets and ensuring a secure IT foundation.
- Database and Storage Management Cram Session for Accidental Admins (Dec. 10 at 1 p.m. CST and Dec. 11 at 3 p.m. GMT): Occasionally, the task of administering a database falls to an IT Pro who lacks the specialized experience of a database administrator (DBA), but the database and storage infrastructure must keep running smoothly. This session will offer how-tos for juggling third-party application datastores and key points for ensuring strong performance that any IT Pro can use.
- Ideation: Users can request new features for SolarWinds products. In fact, 197 features have been added to SolarWinds products with over 41,000 votes and over 3,500 unique ideas.
- Geek Speak: thwack’s blog features posts about IT trends and best practices and was named one of the “50 Must-Read IT Blogs” by BizTech magazine for the second year in a row.
- Monthly Missions: Each month, hundreds of thwack members participate in missions to gain deeper knowledge of SolarWinds products and earn chances to win prizes.
- Points & thwack Store: thwack members earn points for posting, commenting, sharing, or otherwise getting involved in the community. They can then use their points to earn fun SolarWinds gear from the thwack store. There are over 20 items to choose from and several new ones coming soon.
*Member count is based on the number of unique email addresses in the thwack user database.
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide from Fortune 500® enterprises to small businesses. In all of our market areas, our approach is consistent. We focus exclusively on IT Pros and strive to eliminate the complexity that they have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. SolarWinds delivers on this commitment with unexpected simplicity through products that are easy to find, buy, use and maintain while providing the power to address any IT management problem on any scale. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in our thwack® online community to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com/.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design and thwack are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be or are intellectual property of their respective companies.
Source: SolarWinds via Marketwired