SEOUL, March 29 (Korea Bizwire) — With South Korea’s vaccination program slowly ramping up, a survey showed that half of wage workers are willing be inoculated against the coronavirus.
A research team from the College of Medicine of the Catholic University of Korea conducted a survey of 1,103 wage workers nationwide, 48.2 percent of whom said they were willing to get the coronavirus vaccine.
There were also a significant number of respondents who still hadn’t decided on whether to get vaccinated.
At 33.1 percent, one third of the respondents said they would make their decision after looking at the potential side effects of the vaccine, while 12.5 percent said they were unsure about getting the vaccine.
Another 6.3 percent said they were opposed to getting vaccinated.
Sorted by age, 68.1 percent of the respondents over the age of 50 were willing to get vaccinated. At 52.4 percent, more than half of those under the age of 29, however, said they would decide whether or not to get vaccinated after observing reactions to the vaccine.
The study also noted that 49.3 percent of employers offered paid leave for those forced to miss work due to virus infections or quarantine, while 50.7 percent of employees took unpaid or annual leave.
Another 42 percent of employers offered paid leave for those who missed work with typical coronavirus symptoms. The remaining 58 percent took unpaid or annual leave.
Ashley Song (firstname.lastname@example.org)