NEW YORK, Jul. 11 (Korea Bizwire) — Pagnotta Design today announced the final days to obtain the P22, the world’s first additively manufactured production Titanium writing instrument. Key features include:
- Form: smooth body is evocative of a drop of liquid alloy in motion or a sensual Brâncuși sculpture;
- Ergonomic: optimally weighted and balanced, can be held ambidextrously anywhere along its unique “pinch” points;
- Function: minimal body + capless Schmidt P 8126 cartridge system = the sublime writing experience;
- Green Technology: additive manufacturing produces near zero carbon footprint –up to 95% less waste than traditional pen manufacturing processes;
- Next Generation Metal 3D Printing: Electron Beam Melting used to manufacture highly complex componentry for aerospace, military, and Formula One applications;
- Unique Finishes: available in Satin (highlighting titanium’s natural warmth), and Mirror (showcasing a smooth, reflective polish);
- Limited Edition: each pen is laser etched with logo and unique serial number
Pagnotta Design have put hundreds of hours have gone into the design and development of the P22, and thousands of dollars into its prototyping. The cost to manufacture a single pen is just under US$1,000. P22′s successful launch on Kickstarter is a game changer by enabling enthusiasts the opportunity to purchase this innovative pen at a fraction of the cost (prices start at US$170).
P22’s crowdfunding campaign ends 22 July 2016; details and images are available at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/969974524/the-p22-pen . Select customization options are available for orders of 30 pens or more.
Pagnotta Design’s iconic works have been showcased at TriBeCa Issey Miyake, MoMA Store, The Museum of Contemporary Art in Miami, The Yale University Art Gallery, and the Wexner Center for the Arts, among other venues globally. As a materials explorer and innovator, founder Giovanni Pagnotta’s collections, including the carbon fiber Prototype series and thermoplastic Mi Chair, have been lauded by countless publications such as The New York Times, Architectural Digest, Architectural Record, Details, Dwell, Interior Design, and Surface, to name just a few, as well as prominent tomes Design Now, 1000 Masterpieces of Modern Design, and The Essence of Cool, among others. Private clients, collaborations, and custom installations include notable brands such as Chanel, Herman Miller, Tecno, and Artemide. For more information, visit http://pagnottadesign.com
+1 617 921 8656
Source: Pagnotta Design via GLOBE NEWSWIRE