SEOUL, Oct. 19 (Korea Bizwire) – K-pop band BIGBANG plans to hold a year-end concert in Seoul but without its main rapper T.O.P, who was involved in a marijuana scandal this summer, its agency said Thursday.
The group will throw a two-day show titled “BIGBANG 2017 ConcertLast Dance In Seoul” at Gocheok Skydome in western Seoul on Dec. 30-31, YG Entertainment said. T.O.P will not be part of the concert, according tothe company.
T.O.P, whose real name is Choi Seung-hyun, was found guilty in July of smoking marijuana multiple times and given a 10-month jail term with a two-year probation. The 29-year-old smoked the banned substance four times with a trainee singer at his home in Seoul in October of last year.
Unlike the troubled member, four other BIGBANG stars have had robust personal careers throughout the year. G-Dragon recently finished a 29-city world tour after releasing his hit solo album “Kwon Ji Yong” in June, while main singer Taeyang also dropped a new solo record titled “White Night.”