NEW YORK, June 10 (Korea Bizwire) – Samsung Electronics America, Inc., America’s fastest growing appliance brand1 and a global category leader, announced that renowned chef Daniel Boulud is joining Samsung Club des Chefs, an industry-first culinary initiative launched in 2013 that brings together celebrated chefs from around the world to collaborate with Samsung on the development of next-generation new product innovations.
Best known for his Michelin three-star restaurant DANIEL, Boulud is a French-born chef and restaurateur with restaurants in the United States (locations in New York City, Las Vegas, Palm Beach and Miami; Boston and Washington, DC locations to open Fall 2014), Canada, United Kingdom and Singapore. The James Beard Award winner first gained recognition at the age of 15, when he was a finalist in France’s competition for Best Culinary Apprentice. In his early years in New York, Boulud served as Executive Chef at Le Cirque, where he elevated the restaurant to one of the most highly rated in the country. Considered one of America’s leading culinary authorities, his current restaurants, in addition to his flagship DANIEL, include Café Boulud, db bistro moderne, Bar Boulud, Boulud Sud, Épicerie Boulud and DBGB Kitchen and Bar.
“We are honored to have Daniel Boulud join our distinguished team. Club des Chefs is a great example of how Samsung taps into insights – in this case, from professional chefs – to develop kitchen products with an unmatched level of innovation, performance and premium style,” said Boo-Keun Yoon, President and CEO of Consumer Electronics at Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. “Samsung’s Club des Chefs program was designed to bridge consumers to insights from the masters of the culinary world. With the involvement of Daniel Boulud and our roster of chefs, we are taking the premium home appliance category to a new level.”
In addition to Boulud, Samsung Club des Chefs includes:
- Michel Troisgros, the third-generation owner of a three Michelin star restaurant since 1968, La Maison Troisgros in Roanne, France. He serves as president of Samsung Club des Chefs;
- Christopher Kostow, the second American-born and the third youngest chef ever to receive three Michelin stars for Meadowood in Napa Valley, California;
- Eric Trochon, winner of Meilleurs Ouvriers de France 2011, one of the most difficult national cooking contests in France, and renowned chef, food stylist and professor at the Ferrandi Culinary School in Paris;
- Éric Fréchon, three-star Michelin chef and executive chef of the restaurant Épicure at the Hôtel Le Bristol in Paris;
- Davide Oldani, the owner and chef of the restaurant D.O. in Milan, and a rising culinary star in Italy.
“Growing up in France, building my career in New York City, and traveling around the world has shown me how global the culinary community is,” said Boulud. “With my chef friends in different parts of the world, our main topic of conversation is always cooking. Joining this esteemed ‘Club de Chefs’ gives us the opportunity to collaborate and innovate further, while guiding the creation of new products which will enhance the enjoyment of cooking at home. With its focus on technological innovation and elegant design, Samsung is the perfect partner to bring all of these elements together.”
Introducing the Samsung Chef Collection
For the past year, Club des Chefs members have shared their culinary expertise and insights with Samsung’s own team of product development experts to help develop, test and bring to market new products. Now available at retail, the new Samsung Chef Collection suite of kitchen appliances was designed to offer an awe-inspiring level of innovation, performance and premium style to meet the needs and wants of the most discerning home cook. The new Samsung Chef Collection features:
- The Samsung Chef Collection 4-Door Refrigerator (models: RF34H9960S4/AA, Sparkling Water; RF34H9950S4/AA, Non-Sparkling Water), which includes several chef insight-driven features focused on temperature. Chef Mode minimizes temperature fluctuation to preserve the texture and flavor of food. By setting an overall refrigerator temperature of 36°F, it automatically adjusts the temperature of other compartments which store ingredients which are more fresh and fragile, like the Chef Pantry. The Triple Cooling System provides temperature and humidity control in all three zones of the refrigerator, while a stainless steel Metal Cooling plate in the rear wall reduces the loss of cold air when the door is opened. The Fridge-In-Freezer, a bottom right door that can be converted from refrigerator to freezer, offers maximum flexibility with four temperature settings: Fridge (41ºF), Chilled (40ºF), Soft Freezer (23ºf) and Frozen (-9º – 1ºF). Available now. MSRP $5,999 (with sparkling water dispenser) and $5,699 (without sparkling water).
- The Samsung Chef Collection Dishwasher with WaterWall Technology (model:DW80H9970US), which features a sweeping wall of water to deliver never before seen cleaning versus conventional circular water jets. Available now. MSRP $1,699.
- The Samsung Chef Collection Slide In Range (model:NE58H9950WS), which is now available in electric, induction and gas versions and includes sophisticated oven control levels and precise temperature regulation. A premium built-in finish makes this an attractive addition to any kitchen. Available now. MSRP $2,499.
- The Samsung Chef Collection Over-The-Range (OTR) Microwave (model:ME21H9900AS), which allows home cooks to simply place their dish in the oven and choose the desired dish and weight option settings from the auto cook menu. Sensor cooking technology ensures optimal cooking time and temperature. Available now. MSRP $599.
Meet the Club des Chefs
Boulud and other Club des Chefs members will join Samsung executives on June 11 at 4:15 p.m. for the launch of Samsung’s 2014 Home Appliance line at Samsung Living Atelier, a participatory center of home appliance innovation and design that epitomizes the creativity, energy, vibrancy and sheer innovation of Samsung Home Appliances. Located at 837 Washington Street in New York City and open to the public Saturday, June 14 and Sunday June 15, this interactive workshop and new product showcase will allow visitors to experience the latest Samsung kitchen, laundry and cleaning products first-hand.
About Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, NJ, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), is a recognized innovation leader in consumer electronics design and technology. A wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., SEA delivers a broad range of digital consumer electronics, IT and home appliance products. Samsung is the market leader for HDTVs in the U.S and America’s fastest growing home appliance brand. To discover more of the award-winning products you love with Samsung, please visit www.samsung.com.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs, cameras, home appliances, printers, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 286,000 people across 80 countries with annual sales of US$216.7 billion. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
1According to Traqline 2012
Source: Samsung Electronics (via BusinessWire)